China Scholarship Council – University of Bristol are pleased to offer 20 joint scholarships for Chinese students. These scholarships are awarded to pursue PhD research programme for the academic year 2017-2018.
The University of Bristol is one of the top 50 universities in the world and is ranked in the top 5 UK institutions for research excellence. More than 3,000 research students from 91 countries make up our vibrant and diverse research community.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the language requirements as outlined in the language Profile relevant for their intended programme of study.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Candidates are able to apply to any research area offered by the University of Bristol, including Social Sciences & Law, Science, Engineering, Health and BioSciences, and Arts & Humanities.
- The University of Bristol will cover tuition fees for the full period of the PhD
- The CSC will provide a stipend, a round-trip international airfare, visa and passport fees
- There are 20 scholarships per year, each for up to 48 months
- Successful candidates will receive a high level of research and professional skills training, coordinated by the Bristol Doctoral College.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Candidates must be Chinese students with a strong academic background.
- Candidates must be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application; overseas Chinese students may be eligible for an application subject to CSC policy at the time.
- Candidates will be interviewed by the University of Bristol, and if conditions are met, will be made an unconditional offer of a place on the appropriate PhD programme. Candidates must, therefore, fulfill the relevant academic entry requirements set by the University of Bristol, including a high level of English language proficiency in line with the appropriate level of English Language requirements of the University of Bristol as per the specific PhD programme.
- Candidates will satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC.
Nationality: Students from China can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants who hold a good Masters degree from a prestigious university will be considered for admission to PhD study.
Test Requirement: Applicants do not need a GMAT score for any application to the University of Bristol.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are required to meet the language requirements as outlined in the language Profile relevant for their intended programme of study.
How to Apply:
- Apply directly for admission to the University of Bristol by 31 January 2017. Please specify that you wish to apply for the China Scholarship Council – University of Bristol Joint Scholarships Programme.
- Complete the short CSC – Bristol Scholarship Contact Information Form.
- Qualified candidates will be nominated by the University of Bristol to the CSC before March 2017.
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is 31st January 2017.