Applications are inviting for Special Research Fund-Doctoral Scholarships for Belgian and Foreign to pursue the doctoral program at the University of Ghent.
With support from its “Special Research Fund” (BOF), Ghent University wishes to support university research groups or research centers in developing countries in their aim to grow into excellent research centers by upgrading local academic personnel.
Admirable opportunity to get a Doctoral program.
User Review( vote)
The university aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
Why study at Ghent University? Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Its 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 28 April 2022
University or Organization: Ghent University
Course Level: Doctoral program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Both Belgian and foreign students
The program can be taken in Belgium
- Both Belgian and foreign students are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have submitted an eligible application in 2022 for the call FWO PhD Fellowship fundamental research or the call FWO PhD Fellowship strategic basic research, both with a deadline of April 28, 2022.
- Candidates who haven’t applied for an FWO PhD Fellowship fundamental research or an FWO PhD Fellowship strategic basic research in 2022, but who are eligible to apply for one of both calls in 2022.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates have to fill in the application form together with their Ghent University supervisor and submit either in Dutch or English.
- Language Requirements: To be able to determine the proficiency of someone’s knowledge of Dutch or English, Ghent University uses the Common European Framework Reference for Foreign Languages. There are six foreign language proficiency levels and is a basis for the recognition of language qualifications.
- The BOF doctoral scholarships are initially awarded for 2 x 2 years. After an intermediate evaluation, for which the Research Council assesses the probability that the grant will lead to a PhD degree, the second term of maximum 2 years can be granted. Candidates who have to submit an application for the prolongation of their BOF doctoral scholarship will be invited by the BOF team in due time.
- The scholarship is approximately € 2.175 per month, depending on the family status of the scholar. A bench fee of € 310/month will be awarded to the promoter.