The Ca’ Foscari University of Venice in Italy is announcing postdoc research grants attracting the best international talents to study in Italy. Researchers from all around the world are eligible to apply.
Founded on August 6, 1868, as the “Scuola Superiore di Commercio” (Advanced School for Commerce), Ca’ Foscari was the first Italian institution to deal with advanced education in Business and Economics. Ca’ Foscari strives to attract and nurture talented scholars across the world, delivering cutting-edge research emerging from the engagement of the hard and digital sciences with social sciences and humanities.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: October 30, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are available to study Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Applications are welcome in all scientific fields represented at Ca’ Foscari by researchers at any stage of their career (R1 to R4).
- Scholarship Award: Researchers meeting ERC excellence requirements are invited to apply under Measure 1 in order to fund their research ideas and develop them at Ca’ Foscari under an individual grant of 12 or 24 months covering a monthly salary after tax of EUR 2,400 as well as up to additional EUR 80,000 allocated to organizational costs or the purchase of scientific equipment.
- Nationality: Researchers from all around the world are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Researchers from all around the world are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
In 2018 Ca’ Foscari has undertaken a new initiative – SPIN – to financially support post-doc researchers who commit to submitting an individual project proposal with Ca’ Foscari as Host Institution under one of the ERC calls: Starting, Consolidator or Advanced. The initiative is structured into two funding measures: Measure 1- ERC opened to applications from researchers from anywhere and Measure 2 – Standard projects limited to applicants already holding a permanent position at Ca’ Foscari.
English Language Requirements: Good knowledge of English and Good knowledge of Italian (in case of foreign candidates).
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.