Applications are invited from deserving sporting athletes who have enrolled on full-time Undergraduate Degree non-tuition fee-paying Programmes at the University of Mauritius (UoM) in the Academic Year 2018/2019 and who wish to be considered for the opportunity by the University of Mauritius. Each beneficiary of both genders will receive an allowance of Rs 25,000.
The University of Mauritius is the national university of Mauritius. It is the oldest and largest university in the country in terms of student enrollment and curriculum offered.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: September 12, 2018
- Course Level: award is available to pursue an undergraduate degree.
- Study Subject: award is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: award is valued at Rs 25,000/-
- Nationality: this application is available to Mauritius and international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Scholarship can be taken in Mauritius
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: this application is available to Mauritius and international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The grant is aimed at University Students in any Faculty of both genders, who have excelled in Sporting Fields in an Academic Year and have achieved a minimum CPA of 45%.
- The University of Mauritius will take into consideration a Code of Ethics/Conduct of Sportsman/Sportswoman which has been designed as per Appendix I (The Sports Unit will cater for this exercise).
- The Candidate should not be beneficiary of any other grant, scholarship or financial assistance in the same Academic Year.
- Students should not be more than 27 years old on the closing date for submission of application.
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application forms may be downloaded from the UoM Website on http://www.uom.ac.mu/scholarships/%20or%20collected%20from%20the%20UoM%20Sports%20Unit%20Office, University of Mauritius, Reduit.
- Duly completed forms must be submitted to the UoM Sports Unit Office, University of Mauritius, Reduit on or before 12 September 2018.
- The candidate should provide evidence that he/she:
- meets the above-mentioned eligibility criteria (where applicable);
- is a registered student of the University of Mauritius.
Note: 1. Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered.
- The University reserves the right NOT to award the program.
How to Apply: This application form must be accompanied by certified photocopies of the following documents:
- Copy of Birth certificate of the applicant.
- National Identity Card and Student’s Identity Card.
- Educational Certificates (SC/GCE ‘O’/HSC/GCE Advanced Level).
- Evidence of enrolment or offer of a seat for a duly-accredited Diploma/ BSc Degree course at the University of Mauritius, including details of enrolment fees, tuition fees and any associated costs.
- A testimonial certifying student registration at a particular Faculty/Centre.
- Evidence of a Recommendation Letter from the Sports Federation and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports and the concerned Sports Federation should provide evidence or recommendations of the student’s official performance and participation in his or her discipline in Local, Regional, Continental, International or Worldwide Level. Note: In the absence of certified photocopies, applicants should bring along their originals and copies of documents. Original documents will be returned to the applicant after photocopies have been certified.