If you have decided what to become in the future, no hurdle can stop you from achieving it. With this positive approach, the University of Derby is awarding Sports Scholarships for international students who are facing financial constraints.
The objective of the sports scholarship program is to support talented athletes in encouraging sports potential and their academic studies.
Nice opportunity for International Students in the UK.
User Review( vote)
Established in 1851, the University of Derby is a public university in England, UK. It offers over 300 study programs at the undergraduate, short courses as well as foundation degrees and postgraduate levels.
Why study at the University of Derby? The university provides a supportive learning environment to the students who place their trust in them to deliver what they need and also provide a real-world learning experience for the students. Here you can get an opportunity for growth, achievement, and reward to ultimately help you to reach your potential.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Derby
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Awards: Up to £6,000 fee subsidy
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, or Online degree programs in the field of sports.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Student-athletes competing at a high county level up to senior internationals and studying an undergraduate, postgraduate, or online degree.
- Team Derby has seven performance teams, men’s and women’s badminton, men’s basketball, men’s football, track cycling and men’s and women’s volleyball, however, athletes competing in all BUCS (British Universities and Colleges Sport) events are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the scholarship, you must download and complete a Team Derby Sports Scholarship Application Form and return it together with your sporting reference by email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must provide supporting references preferably on headed paper with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must check the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
The scholarship program will provide up to £6,000 fee subsidy and other benefits given below:
- Strength and Conditioning and Physiotherapy support.
- Sports Centre gym membership, fitness suite membership, and use of the performance suite.
- Discounted University accommodation.
- Lifestyle support services and sports science services.
- Sports scholarship kit.
- Dedicated athlete liaison officer.
- Psychology 1:1 and group sessions.
- Educational workshops to support lifestyle skills and sports performance.
- BUCS Individual sport entry fees.