The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) is administrating the Postdoctoral fellowships for the citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Fellowships are valued at $40,500 per year for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months.
SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships support the most promising Canadian new scholars in the social sciences and humanities and assist them in establishing a research base at an important time in their research careers.
The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) is the federal research funding agency that promotes and supports postsecondary-based research and research training in the humanities and social sciences.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
- Provider: The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
- Course Level: Postdoctoral research program at Canadian or foreign universities and research institutions.
- Access Mode: Online
- Awards: $45,000 per year
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Citizens of Canada
- The award can be taken in Canada and Overseas
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the area of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Entrance Requirements: To apply to this funding opportunity, the applicant must:
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- They have finalized arrangements for affiliation with a recognized university or research institution;
- Students have applied not more than twice before to the SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships funding opportunity
How to apply
- How to apply: To be considered for this award, applicants must complete the application form in accordance with accompanying instructions. Applications must be submitted electronically directly to SSHRC, and under no circumstances will any applications be accepted after the deadline.
- Supporting Documents: All required application components (CV, two letters of appraisal, Research Appraisal form, Institutional Nomination and Commitment form and all attachments) must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For taking part in this program, candidates must have a masters degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $45,000 per year over one or two years, up to a total of $90,000. These are taxable, non-renewable fellowships that may begin on the first of any month between May 2021 and January 2022.