The St Cross College invites applications for an MPhil Scholarship in the History of Science from students who will begin studying at the University of Oxford in the academic year 2019-2020 for an MPhil in History of Science, Medicine and Technology.
The St. Cross College is a graduate college of the University of Oxford. it offers an outstanding academic environment dedicated to the pursuit of excellence within the collegiate university The College believes that this egalitarianism fosters a productive intellectual environment where Senior and Junior Members can form meaningful relationships to the betterment of their research.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for the MPhil in History of Science, Medicine and Technology.
- Scholarship Award: The Scholarship has a value of £10,000 per annum and is tenable for two years coterminous with fee liability. The successful scholar will have priority for a room in College accommodation (at the standard rent) for the first year of their course and will be expected to engage with the termly activities of the St Cross Centre for the History and Philosophy of Physics (HAPP).
- .Nationality: Scholarship can be taken in England.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to local & EU students.
- Entrance Requirements: Everyone who applies for MPhil in History of Science, Medicine and Technology and lists St Cross as their first choice of college (and who applies at any time before the Admissions deadline) will be considered automatically. The postgraduate scholarships are open for UK student who intends to be a full-time student at the St. Cross College University of Oxford. Applicants with a first degree from a recognized university and academically talented, disadvantaged based on the criteria of disability, socioeconomic status, and are not engaged at work at all or have been engaged at work but couldn’t able to cover their study expenses will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education and,
- Have leadership/community giveback experience or potential.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
- Applications for the St Cross College HAPP MPhil Scholarship in the History of Sciences should include the completed application form, a copy of your CV, and two references sent to the College directly from the named referees.
- The Scholarship is tenable at St Cross College only. An application form can be downloaded here.