Would you like to make your dream of studying in the UK a reality? Deciding to study at the University of Dundee is an investment in your future. The Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships are available for international students in the UK for the academic year 2023-2024.
The master study scholarship will support African, American, and Asia countries. The awards will offer each candidate payment of academic tuition fees and £12,600 12 monthly stipends for a single student and living expenses of £1,050 per month.
Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships for International Students at University of Dundee, UK
Nice offer for international students to study with Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships at the University of Dundee, UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded as a university college in 1881, the University of Dundee is a public research university in a city in the east-central Lowlands of Scotland. Dundee produces internationally excellent research and has a strong publications record while ranking 300th in Best Global Universities. It is one of the top public universities in Dundee, United Kingdom, and ranked #354 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why study at the University of Dundee? The University of Dundee focuses on teaching traditional and professional degrees using innovative approaches. That holds social purpose, building on its long-standing values and delivering impact through its graduates and students, research and scholarship, furthermore its contribution to Scotland’s health, society, and the economy across the globe.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Dundee
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: £1,050 per month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all the following countries:
- Africa: Botswana, Congo (Democratic Republic), Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Zambia
- Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad, and Tobago
- Asia: China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Mongolia, Thailand
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in Energy, Petroleum, and Mineral Law and Policy courses offered by the University of Dundee.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Already hold an Honors degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, mining Engineering, and Finance at 2nd class upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for September 2023 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably, qualified lawyers with post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no separate application form for this Dundee Global Excellence Scholarship. Applicants must apply to study a course at the University of Dundee first, and their eligibility will be assessed as part of their course application.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy/LLM in International Oil and Gas Law programs should provide a 500-word Personal Statement and updated CV and requires to demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: All applicants must complete the relevant entry requirements for admission to their preferred program.
- Language Requirement: The applicant will require to demonstrate English language proficiency. Check here the English language requirement.
The University of Dundee will provide awards will offer each candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees for 2023-24 is to be confirmed,
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student (£12,600 over 12 monthly payments at £1,050 per month),
- £750 arrival allowance and £580 thesis/internship report allowance.