Stockholm University is pleased to announce the PhD Position in International Relations for the academic year 2021-2022. Students from all around the world are invited to apply for this scholarship.
This study program is available for high achieving candidates who have a plan to take part in PhD degree coursework at the university.
Great opportunity for international students offered by the Stockholm University.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1878, Stockholm University is one of the world’s top 100 universities and offers study programs at bachelors, master’s, and PhD levels. It is a leading European institution for higher education.
Why study at Stockholm University? SU offers new opportunities for individuals and society through education and research at the highest international level. Here, students can get first-class education and an excellent research environment. They will learn to think critically and analytically, choose the correct method to solve problems independently and deepen their understanding of research ethics.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2021
- University: Stockholm University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in International Relations
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- In order to meet the general entry requirements, the applicant must have completed a second-cycle degree, completed courses equivalent to at least 240 higher education credits, of which 60 credits must be in the second cycle, or have otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge in Sweden or elsewhere.
- A completed first-cycle programme in international relations or an equivalent programme of at least 90 higher education credits, as well as a completed second-cycle programme in international relations or an equivalent programme of at least 30 credits, of which at least 15 credits (or equivalent) shall consist of independent thesis work at a second-cycle level (either 60 credit or 120 credit Master’s thesis),
- An additional 60 credits from completed higher education with a theoretical specialisation in subjects relevant to the doctoral studies, or equivalent studies,
- Sufficient knowledge of English to be able to benefit from the third-cycle education
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grasp the opportunity, aspirants must take admission in the PhD degree program at Stockholm University. After that, they must need to complete the application via the Online Application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Please submit all the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience, and a list of degree projects/theses
- Project proposal/Research proposal describing:
- why you are interested in the field/project described in the advertisement
- why and how you wish to address this research task
- what makes you suitable for the project in question
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than six files)
- Degree projects/theses (no more than three files).
- Certificate in English corresponding to at least 550 credits on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This criterion does not apply to students who have completed their education at a Swedish university, where English proficiency is a general eligibility requirement.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain upper secondary (high school) studies, certain university studies, or an internationally recognised English test.
The Stockholm University will provide a good salary package to the successful candidates for the academic year 2021/2022.