The Computer Science Department at ETH Zurich is proud to offer Student Summer Research Fellowship for students from around the world. Fellowships will be competitively awarded every year to a number of applicants with excellent track records and an interest in research.
ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: 15 November – 15 December
- Course Level: This is a Student Summer Research Fellowship programme. The program begins on July 1st and ends on August 31st.
- Study Subject: The program is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area. Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Algorithms and Theory
- Computer systems
- Human-computer-interaction and cyber-physical systems
- Information and system security
- Machine learning
- Information and system security
- Programming languages and software engineering
- Visual Computing
- Awards: Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
Accommodation. Affordable housing during the research stay will be organized, once a candidate is accepted into the program. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
- Nationality: Applications for the program are open to students across the globe.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: Applications for the programme are open to students across the globe.
- Entrance Requirements: You are eligible for the Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following:
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2023 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
- How to Apply: After your registration, SiROP offers you to affiliate with your own institution. Such an affiliation is an optional step and only available for students from universities which are part of the SiROP network. This optional step to create an affiliation is NOT required if you want to apply.
- After clicking the «Apply now» button on the linked SiROP page you will be asked to fill in personal data and upload several documents:
- Your CV. Please use the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from your home university. Use the grading system that your university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that you have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read.
Only complete applications with all the required documents can be considered for admission.
- English Language Requirements: Formal evidence is not required. You will need a good working knowledge of English in order to participate fully. Your language ability may be assessed during the interview. The program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.