The Sokoine University of Agriculture is inviting individuals to apply for the thirteen MSc Scholarships in One Health Molecular Biology for the academic year 2018/2021.
Founded in 1984, the Sokoine University of Agriculture is a public university located in Morogoro, Tanzania. It provides comprehensive information related to academic programs and the number of facilities and services.
Why at the Sokoine University of Agriculture? SUA offers advanced technologies and the opportunity to undertake placements and allow you to gain professional work experience.
- University or Organization: Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Department: NA
- Course Level: MSc program
- Award: Stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Thirteen applicants
- Nationality: African students
- Program can be taken in Tanzania
- Application Deadline: Check back to the next year
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: African students who are citizens of Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree program in any subject
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have honours Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in biotechnology and laboratory sciences, molecular biology and biotechnology, human or veterinary medicine, or other biological sciences.
- Candidates who hold unclassified degrees should have a credit or a distinction in molecular biology, microbiology, genetic engineering, biotechnology, immunology or biochemistry.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should apply for admission at SUA using the online admission system, which can be accessed at http://suasis.sua.ac.tz:9092/index.php/ welcome application forms can also be found at the Directorate of Postgraduate Studies, Research, Technology Transfer and Consultancy (DPRTC)’s website https://www.dprtc.sua.ac.tz.
- Supporting Documents: There is no need to submit any supporting documents.
- Admission Requirements: To study at this university, candidates shall either hold an undergraduate degree with GPA of at least 2.7 of SUA or a qualification from an approved institution of higher learning with a GPA of 2.7.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Thirteen applicants with outstanding academic performance will be offered with a full-time SACIDS-ACE fellowship to cover their stipend and research support.