Are you a graduate student or freelancer looking for a contract writing opportunity? Great – this 2019 Summer Content Writing Intern Program at Updater may be the writing and research gig for you!
The position is an excellent opportunity for any college/MFA (Master of Fine Arts) student or freelancer looking to gain experience with a powerhouse marketing and content team.
User Review( votes)
At Updater, they need a brilliant part-time or full-time writer. As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a side project of your choosing and own its execution from start to finish.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for Content Writing
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Updater
An internship can be taken in the U.S.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- You’re a rising junior, senior or grad student looking for a hands-on writing gig with an innovative startup
- You have at least a working knowledge of Squarespace
- You have impeccable grammar and believe in the power of a well-placed Oxford Comma
- You’re interested in learning about SEO
- You’re extremely detail- and goal-oriented
- You like working on a fast-paced, friendly team!
- You’ve moved at least once in your life and dream of a world where moving doesn’t suck
- You can work from our HQ in Union Square
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
A month at Updater might include:
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Dogs in the office!
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams at Updater
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US.
At Updater, they need a brilliant part-time or full-time writer to help their Content Marketing Manager churn out blog posts, client testimonials, copy for infographics, and investigate the next hot topics in the relocation, real estate, and moving industries.
As a Content Intern, you’ll regularly do SEO research to determine a list of topics relevant to their industries and write blog posts, quizzes, infographics, and more.
On a typical day, you’ll do anything and everything from assisting with blog posts and basic website updates (some HTML knowledge required) to working on SEO implementation and optimizations.
As an intern, you will:
- Create and maintain an ongoing list of relevant relocation industry topics
- Write at least 2-3 blog posts weekly for the Updater blog – with your own author bio and headshot!
- Craft copy for Updater’s social media accounts
- Write email copy for our sales and success teams to use
- Share new ideas to improve existing processes and actively seek solutions to our biggest pain points
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: Not given
Notification: Not given
How to Apply:
To apply for this program, you will need to sign in with LinkedIn or submit information as required on the online form. Write on the form, why should we hire you? In 150 words or less
As part of the application, you must attach all the following
- Cover Letter
- Include a recent writing sample. Something that will catch our eye and show off your writing skills! This doesn’t have to be a published piece, anything goes! Show something that you’re proud of!
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is Ongoing.