Looking to fund your doctorate in Italy? The IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca has launched the call for applications for the PhD Programs in “Cognitive and Cultural Systems” and in “Systems Science” for the academic year 2020/21.
There are 33 fully funded positions available for international students who wish to study in Italy. All admitted students no need to pay tuition fees and will receive a scholarship of €15.300,00/year as well as will have free room and board on campus for all four years of the program.
A admirable scientia PhD opportunity in Lucca, Italy.
User Review( votes)
IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca is an international Graduate School in Italy. The multilateral PhD program of IMT integrates scientific abilities of the science of economics, engineering, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, history, and cultural heritage.
Application Deadline: July 10th, 2020
- University or Organization: IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International Students
- The program can be taken in Lucca, Italy
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: 33 positions are for 4 field-specific tracks: Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage (AMCH) and Cognitive, Computational and Social Neurosciences (CCSN), both associated to the Cognitive and Cultural Systems PhD Program; Computer Science and Systems Engineering (CSSE) and Economics, Networks and Business Analytics (ENBA), affiliated with the Systems Science Ph.D. Program
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applications are open to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion
- Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English
- No knowledge of Italian is requested
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the PhD positions can only be submitted electronically. Applicants must fill out the online application form (registration required), providing personal data and attaching the required documents. To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the link: https://www.imtlucca.it/en/phd/information-for-students
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents:
- Applicants are required to provide the names and contact information (telephone number and institutional email) of two referees
- Copy of National Identity Card or Passport
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum/resume
- Academic transcript/Diploma supplement
- Research Statement
- Applicants have to upload the documents in PDF or any other non-modifiable standard format (i.e.: JPEG, JPG, GIF). The maximum size is 3MB for each single attachment
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies. Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT. A university degree of at least 4 years of a full-time equivalent. For an Italian degree, a Laurea Magistrale (or Specialistica) or a Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento.
- The monthly aid amount is € 1.300,00
- Each PhD students are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the on-campus canteen
- Every scholarship recipients are provided with free accommodation in shared double rooms within the campus residential facilities. PhD students at IMT enjoy the following benefits and services:
- All students admitted to the PhD program are not required to pay tuition fees.
- A number of grants are available to support the participation in the program
- Grants are assigned to admit students according to the final ranking determined by the evaluation process.
- The grant is €15,343.28 per year (? €13,640.64 net/year), and can be increased by 50% during the periods spent abroad for study and research (from 2 to 9 months).
- All students who are granted a scholarship have free accommodation in shared double rooms on-campus residential facilities.
- All Ph.D. students at IMT are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the School canteen located on campus.
- Lunch and dinner are served each day, Monday through Sunday, for the entire academic year.
- Vegetarian menus or takeaway meals are available on request through the online canteen reservation system.
- Advanced training and research at IMT, are fully integrated thanks to the high quality of its services and underlying scientific infrastructure.
- All IMT structures are located in the historical center of Lucca and make up an integrated campus for advanced studies and research.
- IMT assists students with arrival and administrative procedures (Visa, Stay Permit, Health insurance, Tax & Other).
- More information is available in the Visa, Stay Permit, Health, Tax & Other Useful Information and in Campus.
- Other Services
- All PhD students have access to library facilities and can benefit from the services of the IT support staff for all technical requests related to study and research.