Whether you are experiencing financial difficulties or want to improve your knowledge in quantum science and technology, this application of SQA is the right opportunity that should not be missed. It comprises two programs: Full PhD Scholarship and Supplementary PhD Scholarship.
This initiative of SQA seeks to find bright postgraduate students, considering research training in quantum science and technology, and provide them financial aid and chance to work with top researchers.
Sydney Quantum Academy is a unique collaboration between four NSW universities. It is committed to supporting the development of the quantum technology ecosystem of Sydney through industry and community engagement, education and entrepreneurship.
Why at SQA founding universities? The University of Sydney, UNSW Sydney, University of Technology Sydney, and Macquarie University are called SQA founding universities. These are regarded as some of the top universities of the world. These are leading public research universities making a difference in this world through their unmatchable teaching and facilities.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2020
- University or Organization: Sydney Quantum Academy
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $33,000 to $35,000
- Number of Awards: 4 to 6
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Both domestic and international
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for permanent residents, citizens of Australia, and also international students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for PhD study
- Eligibility Criteria: Requirements are varied depending on which program you are applying for:
- SQA Full PhD Positions
- Must be domestic and international candidates with an outstanding track record of academic achievement and research potential to pursue full-time PhD studies related to the field of quantum science and technology at one of our founding universities.
- SQA Supplementary PhD Scholarship
- Must be currently undertaking a PhD program (full-time) in the field of quantum science and technology at one of the founding universities.
- applications are open to Australian citizens, permanent residents and international applicants
- PhD Candidates must be enrolled in or have an unconditional offer in a full-time PhD program at one of the four SQA founding universities
- PhD candidates must have the support of an academic staff member at one of the founding universities. This staff member would be the candidate’s proposed supervisor and must provide endorsement for their project proposal and application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants are required to simply complete an online application form:
- Supporting Documents: Application must include the following materials: CV, Project proposal, Academic transcripts, Proof of contact with and support from your nominated supervisor (letter of endorsement). The letter of endorsement must be sent directly to SQA by your nominated supervisor.
- Admission Requirements: Entry requirements vary depending on which SQA founding university you are applying for.
- Language Requirement: All students need appropriate English language skills for admission in these universities.
The program will provide the following perks:
SQA Full PhD Scholarship
- A stipend of $35,000 AUD per annum for a maximum duration of four years. An additional $5,000 AUD will be granted to successful applicants for career development.
- Student tuition fees may be waived for successful international applicants
SQA Supplementary PhD Scholarship
- A value of $33,000 AUD or less
- The SQA Supplementary PhD Scholarship will cover the difference between the value of the primary stipend and the SQA Full PhD funding for the remaining duration of the primary stipend
- If a candidate’s primary PhD stipend is funded for less than four years, they may be provided with a full PhD scholarship of $35,000 AUD per annum to extend their candidature for the remaining period of candidature.