The university of Sheffield is pleased to offer scholarships to students of high academic ability for 2017 entry. Students of East and South Africa, Latin America, Middle East and North Africa, South East Asia and West Africa are eligible to apply for these endowments to undertake postgraduate programme at the university.
The university is ranked 97th in the world and 15th in the UK according to the 2015-16 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
User Review( votes)
There are high entrance requirements for masters degree programmes at Sheffield which reflect the quality of the university. Applicants may be required to take an internationally recognized English language test such as IELTS.
Course Level: The studentships are available for international students to pursue masters degree programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are tenable in all subject areas at the University of Sheffield.
Award: The studentships are worth 50% of the Postgraduate yearly tuition fee. financial aid positions will take the form of a fee reduction.
The award can be taken in the UK
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday16 June 2017 for entry in September 2017 to be eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Applicant must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
Nationality: Applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Mexico, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Middle East and North Africa: Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
West Africa: Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Togo, Guinea
Other: Brazil, Canada, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Nigeria, Pakistan, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkey and USA
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a bachelor degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirement: These are the qualifications most commonly presented by applicants. However, different courses require different levels of achievement in these qualifications.
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS): Overall score of 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) : Overall score of 61 or above, with at least 51 in each component
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (IBT): Overall score of 88 or above, with at least 17 in Listening, 17 in Writing, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking
- University of Sheffield English Proficiency Test (USEPT) (graded as a percentage equivalent to IELTS point score, eg 65% = IELTS 6.5): Overall score of 65% or above, with at least 55% in each component
How to Apply: Applicants can apply for postgraduate study using Postgraduate Online Application Form. Applicants will need to include certain documents to support their application, for example evidence of your previous qualifications and a personal statement. They can supply these simply by uploading them to the relevant sections of your online application.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is June 23, 2017.