To support you on your journey towards being a great teacher, TeachNZ is offering scholarship opportunities to cover the cost of your course fees and pay you an allowance throughout the duration of your study.
Whether you are a graduate or undergraduate, a school leaver or a career changer, if you have the passion to teach early learning, primary, secondary or in immersion settings then this program is a great choice for you.
Wonderful opportunity to get an education with a course fee and an allowance of $10,000.
User Review( votes)
Owned and maintained by TeachNZ Ministry of Education, the TeachNZ provides a number of scholarships for people wishing to qualify as a teacher in New Zealand.
- University or Organization: TeachNZ, Ministry of Education
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or graduate
- Award: Course fee and an allowance of $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Application Deadline: 4 October 2019
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open only New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must be enrolled in, have applied for, or be intending on enrolling in an approved qualification.
- If you are planning on enrolling, or are already enrolled in, an approved ITE programme – you are eligible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this opportunity, applicants must choose the chose a course and submit information online. After that, they’ll give you more information about qualifications, entry criteria, application forms and study dates.
- Candidates can apply for multiple scholarships, but can only be granted one. Part-time options are available.
The university will provide all the following:
- Course fees to study an approved teaching qualification
- An allowance of $10,000 over the period of your study (limited to four years)
There will be three application rounds as
- Round 1: Applications will open on 19 August and will close on 4 October 2019
- Round 2: Applications will open on 6 December and will close on 24 January 2020
- Round 3: Applications will open on 3 April and will close on 5 June 2020.