The American University in Cairo (AUC) is offering five full and/or partial annual scholarships to thanawiya amma graduates from five governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Beni Suef, Menya, Sohag and Fayyoum.
The studentships are awarded to an undergraduate degree in all disciplines available at the university. Selected students will benefit from AUC’s liberal arts education, diverse majors and extensive student-life services, and will also have the benefit of enrollment in the Gerhart Center’s youth leadership and civic engagement programs.
User Review( votes)
The American University in Cairo was founded in 1919 by Americans devoted to education and service in the Middle East. AUC operates within the framework of a 1975 protocol with the Egyptian government, which in turn is based on a 1962 cultural relations agreement between the Egyptian and U.S. governments.
Application Deadline: Closed
- University: American University in Cairo
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in all disciplines available at the university.
- Award: AUC will provide full tuition and partial awards.
- Number of Awards: There are up to five full and/or partial annual AUC scholarships available.
- Nationality: Egyptian students
- The award can be taken in Egypt
- Eligible Countries: Egyptian students can apply for this AUC scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following area for the opportunity
- Public or private national high school graduate (of governorates of Minya, Beni Suef, Assiut, Sohag and Fayoum) with demonstrated financial need.
- An active member in school activities or in the local community.
- A minimum score of 95 per cent in thanawiya amma in the science division, and 90 percent in the non-science division.
- Adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS / iBT exam.
- Adequate communication skills.
- Orientation and commitment to public service.
- Potential for further leadership development.
How to Apply:
Please send the below documents using registered mail with notification request:
- Program application
- Financial application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- An official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- An official copy of the thanawiya amma certificate upon announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score or TOEFL iBT test results with a minimum of (62-75) as a total score and a minimum of (17-19) in writing.
- Fill in and submit the information sheet.
- Complete an online application through Banner Self-Service.
- For application instructions and tips, click here.