The Capstone Editing is providing a financial support for academic women who face additional childcare costs when travelling to conduct research through its Carer’s Travel Grant.
The excellent program is open for woman candidates and must be employed as an academic staff member in a position that involves research at an Australian or New Zealand university. She can be employed at any level from Level A to E.
Nice offer for excellent women.
User Review( votes)
Capstone Editing is a private academic editing company headquartered in Canberra, ACT. It has been committed to offering legitimate and reliable writing and editing services since it was established.
Why should apply for this program? For academics with young children, time spent away from home is often difficult and expensive to organised. In that situation this program will be very beneficial for the female candidates.
Application Deadline: August 12, 2020
- Organization: Capstone Editing
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: One
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants from Australia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research women applicants are eligible for this opportunity.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must be a woman.
- You must be the primary carer for one or more children under five (or up to the age of 16 if you are a single parent or in the case of children with disabilities).
- You must be employed as an academic staff member in a position that involves research at an Australian or New Zealand university (i.e. staff in teaching-only positions are not eligible and professional staff members are not eligible). You can be employed at any level from Level A to E.
- You may be employed on a continuing or fixed-term basis. (Casual staff are not eligible.)
- You may be employed part time or full time.
- You must already have acquired some or all the funding to conduct your field trip or to attend the conference (as the purpose of this grant is to cover the costs of your children to travel with you).
- If your application is for a conference, you must be presenting at the conference.
- You cannot apply if you are an employee or contractor of Capstone Editing (or a family member of an employee or contractor).
- Previous unsuccessful applicants may reapply every year if they wish.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this grant, participate by filling out an online application form given at Capstone Editing site.
- Supporting Documents: Send the application form along with curriculum vitae, a letter from your supervisor, academic transcripts, itinerary and budget, evidence of costs and any other supporting document that will be mentioned on the application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must hold a previous degree certificate with remarkable results.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Benefits: The Capstone Editing Carer’s Travel Grant for Academic Women provides up to A$3,000 for one academic per year who is the primary carer of at least one child under five years old.