Do you want to apply for a Master’s program in Belgium? Apply for the Master Mind Scholarship at the University of Antwerp in the 2023/24 academic year.
The award program is open to incoming students from all nationalities except Russian citizens. Selected twenty (20) students will receive € 9600 grant and a tuition fee waiver per academic year.
Nice offer for international students to study in Belgium.
User Review( votes)
The University of Antwerp was founded in October 2003 and is located in Antwerp, Belgium. It is a major Belgian university that offers all of these programs divided into 9 faculties: 69 master programs, 30 academic bachelor programs, 20 master-after-master programs, and 22 postgraduates.
Why study at the University of Antwerp? Studying at Antwerp, students will receive a high-quality education. It has 17.5% international students representing over 130 nationalities. As a true research university, it is the third-largest university in Flanders that strives to excel in as many research areas as possible.
Application Deadline: 1 March 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Antwerp
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master
- Award: € 9600 + a tuition fee waiver
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 20
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Belgium
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities can apply, except for Russian citizens this year.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for one of the following Master programs: ?
- Applied Economic Sciences: Economic Policy
- Biology (Biodiversity: Conservation and Restoration and Global Change Biology)
- Biomedical Sciences (Infectious and Tropical Diseases and Neurosciences)
- ?Business Economics
- ?Business Engineering: Financial Engineering?
- Computer Science (Computer Networks, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, and Software Engineering)
- Digital Business Engineering?
- ?Digital Text Analysis?
- ?Electronics and ICT Engineering Technology
- Laws (LL.M)
- ?Linguistics and Literary Studies?
- Political Science
- ?Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential.
- The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
- The only exception is made for international students who, at the moment of their application in the spring of 2023, are already enrolled in a preparatory program in order to start a Master’s program in September 2023.
- Student mobility during the Master’s program is allowed. However, at least half of the credits of the Master’s program must be obtained at the University of Antwerp.
- The student has to be accepted by the University of Antwerp to be able to receive the scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the Master Mind scholarship, applicants need to complete an admission application for a Master’s degree program at the University of Antwerp in Belgium.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must upload electronic documents to support their application. The following minimum documents are required:
- a color copy of a valid passport or identity card
- a curriculum vitae
- a motivation letter
- a color copy of an original degree certificate with a translation in Dutch, French, German, or English if the degree is drawn up in another language
- a copy of the original academic transcripts and course descriptions with a translation in Dutch, French, German, or English if they are drawn up in another language
- Admission Requirements: Applicants will need (at least) an academic bachelor’s degree to be able to enroll in an initial master’s program. Applicants meet to check all the information about the admission requirements for the Master’s programs at the University of Antwerp.
- Language Requirement: The student has a good knowledge of the English language, proven by one of the following situations:
- An overall band score of a minimum of 7.0 on the IELTS test;
- A minimum total score of 94 on a TOEFL test;
- A C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference;
- A similar result in another official language test recognized by the University of Antwerp;
- Or an exemption provided by the Master program’s Selection Committee during the screening process.
The University of Antwerp will provide all the following:
- A maximum of 20 applications are shortlisted by the University of Antwerp.
- The incoming student is awarded a maximum scholarship of €9600 per academic year.