The Malaysian Government is offering Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) to pursue postgraduate and PhD degree programs in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
International students can apply for this Malaysia International Program. The aim of this education is to support the Malaysian government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
A marvelous chance for International Students.
User Review( votes)
The Malaysian International Studies Award (MIS) is an initiative of the Malaysian government to attract the best brains around the world to pursue advanced academic study in Malaysia.
Application Deadline: MIS application for 2020 intake is expected to be opened in early of 2020
- International students can apply for this Malaysia International grant (MIS).
- Field of studies is in the following priority areas Science and Engineering, Agriculture and Fisheries, Economics and Islamic Finance, Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Biosecurity and Food Safety, Infrastructure and Utility, Environmental Studies, Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
- To be eligible for the Malaysia International prize (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for the postdoctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have an excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of the medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Supporting Documents: No supporting documents required to apply this free study.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must be obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- English Language Requirements: Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
Each program consists of air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia, an approved tuition fee, monthly maintenance allowance, annual grant for books and internal travel, medical / Health Insurance, Installation and Termination grant, allowance Visa.