If you want to get a higher education, then applications are now open for the 2020 Mawazo PhD Scholarships Programme. The program is funded by the Ideas Institute T/A The Mawazo Institute.
The education program is available to all African women pursuing PhDs in Esat Africa. This PhD Scholars Programme’s major aim is to support female scholars in East Africa.
Great opportunity to study for a Ph.D. degree in Australia Kenya.
User Review( vote)
The Mawazo Institute is a non-profit research institute located in Kenya, founded in 2017. Its mission is to support the next generation of female scholars and thought leaders in East Africa and to get policymakers and the general public engaged with their work.
Application Deadline: 22 November 2019
University or Organization: The Mawazo Institute
Course Level: PhD Programme
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Citizens of an African country
The award can be taken in Kenya
Eligible Countries: Citizens of an African country are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in PhD program offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: In order to be eligible for the PhD Scholars Programme, applicants must:
- Applicants must be women below the age of 40 as at 1st January 2020
- Students must be citizens of an African country
- Holders must be enrolled for their PhD at an accredited university in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania or Uganda
- Candidates must have completed their course work if applicable and passed their departmental proposal defense (i.e. in the dissertation phase of their PhD)
- Students need to demonstrate that their research project is related to African development and is relevant to a global, regional, national or sub-national policy priority
- Holders are demonstrated the potential for leadership both within and outside academia, and a strong passion to leverage their expertise for impact in society
- Students must be available to fully participate in the program in 2020-2021
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, aspirants are Interested candidates are required to fill in and submit their applications via our online application portal.
- Supporting Documents: Applications will be considered complete when the following are provided a completed online application form, a current 2-page CV, a letter confirming current enrollment in an accredited Ph.D. program.
- Admission Requirements: For instructions on how to use our online platform, complete your application and meet all the requirements required for consideration you need to download the application guidelines here.
Mawazo PhD Scholars will receive the following benefits:
- A research grant of up to $5000
- A travel grant worth up to $2000 for participation in regional or international conferences
- A training grant worth up to $500 for field-specific training not offered by Mawazo
- A stipend worth $500 for discretionary use
- Participation in Mawazo’s in-house professional development and leadership training program, comprised of a mix of in-person and virtual training modules
- Research and editorial support from the Mawazo staff and our partners
- Connections to mentors, as well as exposure to leaders from academia, industry, government and other sectors
- Visibility via Mawazo digital platforms and events