Students who are in need of accommodation grants can apply for the International Fellowships which is funded by the American Association of University Women.
The study program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the U.S. who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. A limited number of awards are available for study outside of the U.S. to women who are members of Graduate Women International.
Golden opportunity for a graduate or postdoctoral students.
User Review( votes)
The American Association of University Women is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Its mission is to advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
University or Organization: American Association of University Women
Course Level: Graduate or Postdoctoral
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International Women Students
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019,
Eligible Countries: International women students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study graduate or postdoctoral programs offered by the University.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Students must be holding an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2019.
- Applicants intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Holders intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2019, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2019; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to GWI members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components. Final decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
How to Apply
- How to apply: When applying for a scholarship, students need to start the application process by clicking on the link to access the application and create an account through their vendor site.
- Supporting Documents: If you wish to participate, you need to submit a C.V./Résumé, Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree, Official report of TOEFL test scores, Letter of admission, Proof of bachelor’s degree, Proof of current enrollment, Proof of highest degree, Academics, Narratives, Budget, Recommendations etc.
- Language Requirements: Students must be proficient in English.
- Master’s/first professional degree: $18,000
- Doctoral: $20,000
- Postdoctoral: $30,000