The University of Pennsylvania, to increase the financial support offered, has organized the Melvin M. Goldberg Undergraduate Fellowship for the academic year 2023-2024.
The fellowship opportunity is open to US and non-US citizens who wish to undertake an undergraduate degree in research on any STEM topic. To apply, candidates work with an advisor at their home university to identify and confirm a willing supervisor in Israel. Applicants will receive USD 5000 MMG Fellowship provides summer travel and living costs.
Acquire financial assistance to complete an undergraduate degree in the USA.
User Review( votes)
The University of Pennsylvania is a confidential Ivy League research institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was founded as the College of Philadelphia in 1740 and is one of the nine colonial institutes hired before the U.S. Declaration of Independence. The institute is rated 13th in the QS World University Rankings.
Why choose to study at the University of Pennsylvania? UPenn aims to strengthen the quality of education and produce innovative research and healthcare delivery models by fostering a vibrant, inclusive environment and fully embracing diversity. It has continued demonstrating that it is cut out to lead the education sector through its advanced research capabilities and innovation growth.
Application Deadline: 1 March 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Pennsylvania
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: USD $5000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: US citizens and non-US citizens are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award will be awarded for an undergraduate degree in research on any STEM topic.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicants must be US citizens and non-US citizens
- Research can be on any STEM topic. To apply, candidates work with an advisor at their home university to identify and confirm a willing supervisor in Israel.
- The Goldberg Fellowship is awarded to a U.S. junior or senior with the initiative, enthusiasm, and aptitude to make such arrangements.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Admission applications can be made via the Coalition Application or the Common Application Financial aid can be submitted through the details provided on the official portal of the university. After that, the applicant must email documents to Professor Ken Goldberg: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Resume/CV with GPA as an attachment and include the following in the email. Information in plain text (not as an attachment):
- Your full contact information.
- University, Major, and Expected Graduation Date
- Summary of the proposed plan of study (500 words or less).
- Name and contact information of your advisor in the US.
- Name and contact information of your confirmed supervisor in Israel.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have the required academic qualifications, typically high school graduation, and must meet other course-specific requirements.
- Language Requirement: Strong English language proficiency is necessary for successful study. TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo are accepted at UPENN.
The University of Pennsylvania will provide USD 5000 MMG Fellowship provides summer travel. Living costs support an ambitious undergraduate student from any U.S. University to perform supervised technical research at one of Israel’s universities or research centers (e.g., Bar-Ilan, Ben-Gurion, Haifa U., Hebrew U., Technion, Tel-Aviv U., and the Weizmann Institute).