The School of Arts and Social Sciences at City, University of London is pleased to announce the eight full-time, three-year doctoral studentships for the students from any country for 2020/21 entry.
This study award is open for eligible candidates wishing to pursue cutting-edge research within any of the School’s departments in the UK.
A valuable opportunity for domestic & international students.
User Review( votes)
City, University of London is a leading global university that was founded in 1852. It offers bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees as well as certificates and diplomas at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Why at City, University of London? While studying at this university, students have many options to make their career in any interesting field. Their faculty helps a student to develop the mindset, skills and networks needed to thrive in an increasingly competitive and challenging world.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2020
- University: The School of Arts and Social Sciences
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £17,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 8
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD support will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree and a merit-level Master’s degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, applicants are required to apply for the PhD degree programme at the university. After that, they can complete the application form and send it via email [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 7.0 in IELTS or a recognized equivalent.
The university will provide the following expenses:
- An annual bursary at the prevailing ESRC rate (£17,009 in 2019/20)
- A full tuition-fee waiver for UK and EU students. Applications from overseas students are welcome, but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
- Further funds to support research expenses (up to £1000 over three years)