The University of Dundee is offering three fully funded postgraduate scholarships leading to the LLM in Mineral Law and Policy. This offer is for the academic session 2018/2019 which covers September 2018 and January 2019 entrants.
The University of Dundee (abbreviated as Dund. for post-nominals) is a public research university based in the city and royal burgh of Dundee on the east coast of the central Lowlands of Scotland.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: June 22, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study LLM Mineral Law and Policy.
- Scholarship Award: The award will offer the successful candidate:
Payment of academic tuition fees
12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student
An arrival allowance and thesis/internship report allowance
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open to citizens of Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Indonesia, India, Namibia, Peru, Kazakhstan, Laos, Serbia and Zambia.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to citizens of Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Indonesia, India, Namibia, Peru, Kazakhstan, Laos, Serbia, Zambia.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in mining in the government, private sector, or academia
- Be a national and resident of the following countries at the time of applying for the award, and go on to complete the degree within 12 months and return to their home country at the end of the period of study: Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Indonesia, India, Namibia, Peru, Kazakhstan, Laos, Serbia, Zambia.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
Please note that there is no separate application form for the Rio Tinto plc Scholarship. Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy programme should provide a 250-word Personal Statement sent by email.