The TomKat Center for Sustainable Energy is offering Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainable Energy at Stanford University.
The Fellowships are intended for exceptional young researchers who will be selected on the basis of their academic achievement and the promise of their scientific research.
A fine program for applicants
User Review( votes)
The TomKat Center for Sustainable Energy harnesses the skills and creativity of Stanford University’s leading science, technology, and policy experts to transform the world’s energy systems for a sustainable future. It was established in 2009 with a gift made by Stanford alumni and husband-and-wife team Tom and Kat.
- Application Deadline: Application close
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Selected Awardees receive:
Postdoctoral training under the mentorship of Stanford University faculty
The annual salary of $65,000
Eligibility for $3,000 relocation allowance
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- The applicant must have a commitment from a Stanford faculty member confirming that they will mentor/sponsor and host them in their lab as a postdoctoral fellow.
- Applicants must hold a PhD at the time that the fellowship will begin.
- The faculty mentor/sponsor must be appointed at Stanford. Acting, consulting and courtesy appointees are not eligible to serve as a faculty sponsor.
- Foreign scholars must have or be able to obtain an H1B visa (to receive the award as salary).
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply
- A complete application consists of:
- Complete online application form
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research Proposal: (two page limit, including any graphics, charts or references). The research proposal must be written by the postdoc and reviewed by the faculty sponsor. These two pages should include a brief statement of the proposed investigation in the following sections: Background, Goals, Hypothesis, and Experimental Methods. Formatting guidelines require at least 1-inch margins at the top, bottom, left and right; and 12 points or larger font Times New Roman, Times Roman, Arial, Helvetica, or Verdana. Include the title of the project and your name on both pages and number pages. If the applicant chooses to include references, the reference should include enough information to allow the reviewer to look up the paper.
- Three letters of recommendation: one from the sponsoring faculty mentor at Stanford and two additional letters from other recommenders.
Selected Awardees receive:
- Postdoctoral training under the mentorship of Stanford University faculty
- The annual salary of $65,000
- Eligibility for $3,000 relocation allowance