Deutsche Welle, Germany’s international broadcaster is currently accepting applications for fully funded Master’s Scholarship Program in “International Media Studies”. The Master’s Program is a joint project from the University of Bonn, the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and Deutsche Welle.
The program is designed primarily for young journalists, media managers and communications staff who come from developing and transition countries, and particularly from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. However, Germans, EU citizens, Canadians, Americans and Australians can also apply.
DW Akademie is Germany’s leading organization for international media development. They believe that independent media and responsible journalism are essential worldwide.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study international media studies. The IMS is conducted in English and German and combines the disciplines media and development, journalism, communication science and media management.
- Scholarship Award: Deutsche Welle is granting full scholarship to up to 10 applicants each year. Prospective students from developing countries can apply for the full scholarship. The scholarship is 750 € per month covering costs for living and accommodation. The tuition fee and the flight will be also reimbursed. A committee will decide which applicants are to receive a scholarship after the application deadline has expired.
If you don’t meet the requirements for the full scholarship, you may apply for a partial scholarship. This will cover the costs of the tuition fees of 6,000 €. The expenses for travelling, accommodation and living will have to be paid by yourself.
- Nationality: German and EU students are eligible
- Number of Scholarships: Every year the selection committee accepts up to four German or EU citizens for the program.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for students from developing and transition countries, and particularly from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. However, Germans, EU citizens, Canadians, Americans and Australians can also apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Successful applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification as well as one year of professional experience in a media-related field after having obtained their B.A. In addition, they need to provide proof of their language skills in both German and English. Tuition will cost a total of 6,000 €. Exceptionally qualified students from developing and countries in transition can apply for a limited number of full scholarships.
English Language Requirements: Applicants will need to provide proof of their language skills in both German and English.
How to Apply: Before you start entering your data in the online-application form, please make sure you have all documents required for application ready:
• Letter of motivation (signed and dated)
• Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
• Certificate of your first academic degree (including ALL transcripts)
• Evidence of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a full scholarship you must give evidence for at least two years of professional experience)
• Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
• Evidence of sufficient English language skills (TOEFL IBT: score of 83 or higher, IELTS: score of 6.5 or higher, BULATS: score of 70 or higher, APIEL at least Level 3) – English language certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue
• Evidence of sufficient German language skills (TestDaF at least level TDN 3 in all four parts of the examination, Goethe Zertifikat at least level B2 or DSH at least level 1)
• Copy of your passport