The University of British Columbia is seeking high-potential applicants to take part in the Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The funding programme aims to support international students who want to undertake the doctoral degree at the university. The scholars will receive an award amount of $40,000 plus a $20,000 travel allowance per year for three years.
Wonderful opportunity for international students in Canada.
User Review( votes)
The University of British Columbia is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities of the world. It offers various undergraduate and graduate degree level programs for the students.
Why study at the University of British Columbia? The university is a global centre for research and teaching that creates an exceptional learning environment, advances a civil and sustainable society. At this university, students will learn everything needs for their careers.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 21 December 2021.
- University or Organization: University of British Columbia
- Department: Faculty of Land and Food System
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Awards: $40,000 plus $20,000 travel allowance
- Number of Awards: Up to 12
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Canadian and international
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canada and overseas
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree in human rights and social justice, responsible citizenship, Canada and the world, and humans and their natural environment.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Trudeau Scholars are highly gifted individuals who are actively engaged in their fields and expected to become leading national and international figures.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To capture the educational opportunity, students are advised to take admission to the doctoral degree programme at the University of British Columbia. After that, you can apply for the scholarships through the online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Submit a statement of intent, cv/resume, one-page thesis/research proposal, writing sample, degree certificates, a minimum of three references
- Admission Requirements: Students who hold a credential deemed academically equivalent to an approved Canadian two-year master’s degree and who demonstrate superior academic standing.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
The University of British Columbia is providing the award amount of $40,000 plus $20,000 travel allowance.