Awards help the students to reduce their educational expenses. Therefore for helping students, Trinity College Dublin is providing the PhD Scholarships.
The programme is open to Ireland students who wish to undertake the PhD degree programme at the university.
Amazing opportunity to get financial assistance in Ireland.
User Review( vote)
Trinity College Dublin is Ireland’s university on the world stage. Recognized for its transformative research and education conducted at the frontiers of disciplines, Trinity is ranked 61st in the world by the QS World University Rankings 2013.
Why study at Trinity College Dublin? They believe that a diverse campus adds to the Trinity experience for everyone, enhances their personal development and enriches the culture of the university.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2021
- University or Organization: Trinity College Dublin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Educational fund
- Number of Awards: One
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Ireland students
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Ireland
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in Quantum transport for magnetic devices
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Strong overall motivation and a keen interest in theory and computation, as well as in interdisciplinary work between physics and materials science. Previous experience in UNIX/Linux environment and with programming in either Fortran and/or C/C++. Ability to work independently and also function as an active and efficient team player. Good writing skills.
- Previous knowledge of density functional theory and/or electronic structure methods will be considered as an advantage.
- Previous experience with micromagnetic methods is also welcome
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for this educational opportunity, students are required to take admission in the PhD degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Applications must include a cover letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria for the post, together with a CV and the name and contact details of at least two referees (e-mail address). Informal inquiring and applications should be sent to Prof. S. Sanvito (Trinity College Dublin, [email protected])
- Admission Requirements: Students must have previous degree certificate with excellent academic achievement.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have a good command of written and spoken the English language.
Benefits: Each successful scholar will receive the educational fund to complete their education at Trinity College Dublin.