The TTU Freshman Presidential award is open to U.S. freshman and international incoming freshman, first-year college student who apply to Texas Tech University programs of study.
Helpful offer to get financial support to study in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Established on February 10, 1923, Texas Tech University offers degrees in more than 150 courses of study including graduate and professional degrees through 13 colleges. Located in Lubbock city of Texas, TTU hosts 60 research centers and institutes as a public research university.
Why at Texas Tech University? Choosing to study with Texas Tech University is a great decision. It offers a quality education many awards to support its students finance their education.
Application Deadline: All merit awards are guaranteed for students admitted by April 15th.
- University or Organization: Texas Tech University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Varies according to test score
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: U.S. Freshman and International Freshman
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for the United States as well as all nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will award for undergraduate study in any subject offered by the TTU
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following requirements throughout your TTU academic career:
- Also, to test scores and class rank, to be eligible for the Presidential Scholarship, you must be an incoming freshman, first-year college student (College credits earned through dual-credit, CLEP, or AP do not disqualify student)
- Maintain a cumulative GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment in a Texas Tech University academic program and accumulate at least 30 TTU hours per year (checked in May).
- Keep addresses, including email address, current on MyTech.
- Write a thank you letter to the program donor when and as directed by the Texas Tech program Office.
- Attend required donor events.
- TTU Costa Rica Students are not eligible for programmes
- If you are a non-resident awarded a Presidential Scholarship, you will also qualify to pay in-state tuition.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To earn an academic award, applicants must apply to Texas Tech as soon as possible. Candidates who take admission at the TTU will automatically consider for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit an essay and transcript as well as other documents which will require at the time of application for admission.
- Entry Requirements: SAT or ACT Score required
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have English language proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
Annual fund amounts pay one-half for fall and one-half for spring terms. The TTU is offering grant amount which determined by the SAT/ACT test score as the following:
- 1100-1190 SAT or 22-24 ACT: $1000/year (For Renewal – 3.0 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1200-1290 SAT or 25-27 ACT: $2000/year (For Renewal – 3.0 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1300-1390 SAT or 28-30 ACT: $4000/year (For Renewal – 3.25 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1400-1490 SAT or 31-33 ACT: $6000/year (For Renewal – 3.25 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- 1500 SAT or 34 ACT: $8500/year (For Renewal – 3.5 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)
- National Merit Finalist: $26000+ per year (For Renewal – 3.5 GPA & 30 earned TTU hours)