The Technical University of Munich is welcoming talented individuals for Postdoctoral Fellowship or PhD Student Position in Machine Learning for Patient Data Analysis at the Helmholtz Center Munich (HMGU). The position is limited for up to 3 years.
Fellowship is available for International students who want to pursue a postdoctoral or PhD degree program. The goal of this fellowship is to model, predict and explore the factors related to the results of interest, such as the period of stay, long intubation, blood transfusion, and kidney failure.
Golden opportunity to do PhD study in Germany.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1868, Technical University of Munich is one of Europe’s top research universities. It has 15 academic departments which provide interdisciplinary education and the active promotion of promising young scientists. It is committed to excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinary education and the active promotion of promising young scientists
Why at the Technical University of Munich? TUM provides depth knowledge in the field of Machine Learning and students can work with a number of tools and resources, including workshops, advice, software utilities and study rooms in the University Libraries.
- University or Organization: Technical University of Munich
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral or PhD degree program
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Application Deadline: Open for three years
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for these endowments.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The program is available for MSc or PhD degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, data science or equivalent
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have experience with healthcare data and building real-world systems is a plus.
Applicants must have a strong background in machine learning (graphical models, Bayesian and neural networks), statistics, and preferably causal inference methods, and knowledge of and/or experience with time-series data, preferably clinical data, and also programming expertise in Python, R, and SQL.
Applicants also must have interest and/or experience in working with healthcare problems (particularly surgical procedures), demonstrated skill in scientific writing, and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of surgeons and engineers.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the fellowship, the applicant needs to take admission in postdoctoral or PhD degree at the university. For the fellowship process, applicants can contact Dr. Narges Ahmidi ([email protected]).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information.
- Admission Requirements: For admission at the university, all students must have completed your undergraduate studies (i.e. your bachelor’s) outside of the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the university.
- Benefit: The award amount of this fellowship is various according to the program.