Do you want to study in Turkey? Apply for Türkiye Scholarships and receive scholarships at the most prestigious universities in Türkiye. The award program is a government-funded higher education scholarship run by the Republic of Türkiye.
The program is open to providing scholarship opportunities to international students from all over the world to pursue a full-time degree and research in Türkiye for the 2023/24 academic year.
Great opportunity to study in Turkey.
User Review( votes)
Why apply to this program? Türkiye Scholarships is not only inclusive of financial support, tuition fee, accommodation, and health insurance but also provides university placement and academic, social, and cultural facilities to its awardees at all levels of higher education.
Application Deadline: 20th February 2023.
- University or Organization: Türkiye Scholarships
- Department: All
- Course Level: Undergraduate and Graduate (Postgraduate and PhD) Programs
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International students from all countries.
- The award can be taken in Turkey, officially the Republic of Türkiye.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Awards will be awarded to applicants who wish to study at bachelor, master’s, and doctoral levels available in various subjects.
- 1) Undergraduate Scholarship Program: The program provides education in numerous departments in the fields of engineering, social sciences, health sciences, and basic sciences. Almost all undergraduate programs are available, except for associate degrees and vocational schools.
- 2) Graduate Scholarship Program: Various programs are offered at the masters and PhD levels in the fields of social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and engineering at prestigious universities in Türkiye. Almost all fields of study are offered except the health departments. The universities and departments that candidates can choose may vary depending on the educational background of the candidates. Candidates can only choose from the universities and departments offered to them in the system.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Citizens of all countries are eligible to apply
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academics from all countries are eligible
- Applicants must have the following minimum academic achievement:
- A) For undergraduate candidates: 70%
- B) For graduate candidates: 75%
- C) For candidates in Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy): 90%.
- Age Criteria: Applicants must have age eligibility as the following:
- A) For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
- B) For master’s programs: being under the age of 30
- C) For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
- D) For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 45
- Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications, such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
- All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language medium programs) must attend 1-year Turkish Language Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must complete the following steps while applying:
- Step 1: Applications are made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS).
- Step 2: Upload all required documents. It will also benefit applicants to include their extracurricular activities and achievements in different fields.
- Step 3: Applicants must list their dream university and program preferences.
- Step 4: Applicants must write an original letter of intent explaining their preferences, expectations, and goals for the future.
- Step 5: After reviewing all the stages and documents, applicants must approve their application.
- Supporting Documents: All candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card, or passport
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last year
- National exam results (if any)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)
- Admission Requirements: Before application, candidates are advised to check the equivalence and validity of the chosen fields in their countries.
- Many programs in Turkish universities are taught in the Turkish language. However, some departments and universities may offer programs in English and other languages. These programs require international admission test results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.). Candidates can check the language of instruction while choosing programs in the application system.
- Language Requirement: Candidates who wish to study in such programs must be able to provide an internationally accepted language proficiency certificate. (TOEFL or other equivalent certifications if the university officially states acceptable).
The successful students will receive the following benefits:
- University and Department Placement
- Monthly Stipend Undergraduate: 1000 TL, Master’s: 1400 TL, PhD: 1800 TL
- Tuition Fee
- Turkish Language Course (1 Year)
- Health Insurance
- Once-off Flight Ticket (At the beginning of education and when graduating)