Job Description:For young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in biotechnology at key biotechnology research institutions in India through the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology, India.
Important: The following is additional information concerning the TWAS-DBT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme tenable in India. It is an integral part of the information given here: TWAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research.
User Review( votes)
Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the fellowships “for research collaboration”, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and TWOWS that are mutually exclusive.
* TWAS-DBT Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a minimum period of 12 months to a maximum period of 18 months.
* To help candidates in their choice of a suitable host institution a list of biotechnology institutes in India is available here: List_Biotechn_India.pdf. However, candidates are free to choose an Indian biotechnology institution that does not appear on the list.
* DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
* The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
* Be a maximum age of 40 years on 31 December of the application year.
* Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
* Hold a PhD degree in bioscience or biotechnology.
* Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there.
* Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form).
* Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Submitting your application
* The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 August of each year.
* Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from an Indian biotechnology institution to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Applicants will have until the deadline to submit the Acceptance Letter to TWAS. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
* Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS. The subject line must contain: DBT/PDoc/ candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
* Applications for the TWAS-DBT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should be sent to TWAS only (by post, fax or email).
Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines. Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure.
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: +39 040 224559
Dr. (Mrs.) Ganga Radhakrishnan FRSC Honorary Director
Centre for Cooperation in Science & Technology among Developing Societies (CCSTDS)
No 2, Gandhi Mandapam Road
Chennai 600 025, India
Phone: + 91 44 24430228
Fax: +91 44 24914543
E-mail: [email protected]