Applicants are invited to apply for TWAS-Lenovo Science Prize for the 2020 academic year. The studentships are available for outstanding scientists from developing countries in Geological Sciences.
The TWAS-Lenovo Science Prize is one of the most prestigious honours given to scientists from the developing world. Together, TWAS and Lenovo are offering the TWAS-Lenovo Science Prize, which is intended to give international recognition and visibility to outstanding scientific achievements made by individual scientists in developing countries.
Nice offer to get fund for science education in Italy.
User Review( votes)
TWAS, the World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries – is an autonomous international organization founded in Triste, Italy. TWAS represents, support and encourage the pursuit of excellence in science in developing countries.
- Application Deadline: March 10, 2020
- Course Level: This prize is available for scientists.
- Study Subject: During the second cycle the award subjects will be: Geological Sciences (2017), Engineering Sciences (2018), Agricultural Sciences (2020), Social Sciences (2022).
- Award: The TWAS-Lenovo Science Prize will carry a monetary award of USD100,000 provided by Lenovo, as well as a medal and a certificate highlighting the recipient’s major contributions to science. The prize will be presented to the recipient at a special ceremony arranged by TWAS.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Developing Countries in the South
- The award can be taken in Trieste, Italy
- Eligible Countries: Scientists from Developing Countries in the South
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must be nationals of a developing country and must have lived and worked in a developing country for the last 10 years. The prize will only be awarded to individuals for scientific research of outstanding international merit carried out at institutions in developing countries. Jury members and previous winners of the Trieste Science Prize (also administered by TWAS) are not eligible for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Prize.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via post and also via e-mail.
- To start a new nomination for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Award.
- To resume working on saved nomination/s for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Award
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details
- Nominee contact details (self-nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where he/she has been working and living in the past 10 years
- Brief suggested citation (no more than 15 words) highlighting the nominee’s outstanding scientific achievement in Agricultural Sciences
- Supporting statement of about 200 words summarizing the scientific achievements of the nominee
- 5-6 page narrative write-up of the candidate highlighting his/her major scientific achievements
- Information on PhD (degree, year, awarding institution)
- Information of any time spent abroad in the past ten years
- The nominee’s brief CV and her/his complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- A list of no more than 20 of his/her most significant publications.
- Information on previous awards, honours, recognition received by the nominee
- Google Scholar h-index and number of citations
- Authorization from the nominee to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform.