TWAS and the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences in Kolkata is offering a Postgraduate Fellowships programme to young foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD degree in physical sciences for four years.
All applicants are encouraged to apply for this funding programme for the academic year 2023/2024. S.N. Bose will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs and food. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Free on-campus accommodation will be provided.
A fine choice for Citizens of Developing Countries to study in India.
User Review( votes)
The World Academy of Sciences is a meritocracy that brings together 1,000 scientists from all over the world. Its principal purpose is to help the South establish scientific capability and excellence for long-term development. TWAS is a Trieste-based international science academy.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 31 May 2023.
- Provider: World Academy of Sciences (TWAS)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in India
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries in the South
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research projects in Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India)
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
- Hold a Masters’s Degree in physics, mathematics or chemistry. S/he must have completed at least a total of 5 years of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in a recognized university or institute.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates must have to register themselves in a PhD degree program at any university in India. After registering they can apply for the grant through the online application submission.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with a copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and two reference letters.
- Admission Requirements: For studying this program, you must have a master’s degree in a field relevant to sustainability science
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
S.N. Bose will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs and food. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Free on-campus accommodation will be provided. The monthly stipend does not cover comprehensive health insurance. The Centre does however deduct a small contribution towards a Contributory Medical Scheme. The benefits are partial reimbursement of doctor’s fees, medicines and hospitalization costs if any, and only for costs incurred in Kolkata. The reimbursement structure is along the lines of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) of the Government of India.