TWAS and Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) are inviting applications for TWAS-UPM postdoctoral fellowship program. Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research at Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).
Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in Malaysia. TWAS’s mission is to recognize, support and promote excellence in scientific research in the developing world.
A fine chance to get a degree in Malaysia with an education fund.
User Review( votes)
TWAS, the World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries – is an autonomous international organization founded in Triste, Italy. TWAS represents, support and encourage the pursuit of excellence in science in developing countries.
University or Organization: TWAS and Universiti Putra Malaysia
Course Level: Postdoctoral Research Course
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of developing countries
The program can be taken in Malaysia
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- Apply for the fellowship within four (4) years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if a medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Nationality: Citizens of developing countries (other than Malaysia): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants should submit the acceptance letter (issued by the Dean of the UPM School of Graduate Studies) to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest.
- Supporting Documents: Without the acceptance letter, the application will not be considered for selection. Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS. The subject line must contain UPM/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a PhD degree in a field of natural science.
- language Requirements: Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English if the medium of education was not English.
Benefits: UPM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.