Postdoctoral Position for young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences at the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang, Malaysia
Study Subject:Natural Sciences
Fellowship Description: TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) for a minimum period of twelve (12) months to a maximum period of three years and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences. USM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.The language of instruction is English.
User Review( votes)
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
* be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
* hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
* apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
* be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
* provide an official Acceptance Letter from a department, laboratory or institute at USM (see sample Acceptance Letter included in the application form).
Fellowship Application Deadline:15 September 2011