The Department of Electronic Engineering at Maynooth University is glad to offer two PhD studentships for the academic year 20220/21.
This is a fully funded opportunity open for outstanding international students who are applying PhD degree in the area of High Mobility Wireless Communication Systems.
A golden opportunity for international applicants to get a fully-funded PhD study in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
Maynooth University is known as modern, rapidly-growing, and research-led higher institution in Maynooth, Ireland. It has been providing education at undergraduate, masters and PhD level in various fields.
Why study at Maynooth University? While studying at MU, students will get to enjoy the most vibrant environment and lots of opportunities in education and research. As a researcher you will have developed professional working relationships with your supervisor and colleagues.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2020
- University: Maynooth University
- Department: Department of Electronic Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD Studentships in Wireless Communications
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Strong mathematical, analytical and programming skills.
- Excellent background in communication theory and signal processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to details and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think logically, create solutions and make informed decisions.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a research environment.
- A strong commitment to their own continuous professional development.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, candidates must take admission in a PhD degree program at the university. After that, they can complete the applications and must be sent by email to Dr Arman Farhang (arman.farhang-at-mu.ie)
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcripts
- Two academic references.
- Admission Requirements: PhD applicants must hold at least a first or upper second class honours Bachelors or Master‡s degree in Electrical, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have highly proficient English language skills. Evidence of English language proficiency for non-native speakers based on IELTS (or TOEFL internet/paper based) score of 6.5 (or score of 95/585)
The Maynooth University will provide a monthly stipend and a travel budget to present the research outputs at international conferences, workshops and seminars. The studentships will cover four years of tuition fees and a stipend of € 18,500 per annum.