Macquarie University and Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen are inviting two outstanding and ambitious candidates to undertake research in the field of organic materials and London interactions.
The educational program is open for eligible students who are going to apply for the PhD degree program at the university for the session 2020/21.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University of Giessen is among the oldest institutions of higher education in the German-speaking world. It offers various undergraduate, masters and other research-level programs at the university.
Why should apply for the position? By taking part at the university, the student will learn new synthetic techniques, computational techniques, optical and vibrational spectroscopy.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
- University: Macquarie University and Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about the nationality please contact Prof Alison Rodger ([email protected])
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to undertake research in the field of organic materials and London interactions.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree and a first-class or equivalent grade in Chemistry are generally required.
- Candidates should have solid knowledge and practical experience in organic/organometallic chemistry and be well versed with techniques such as working under an inert atmosphere, NMR, UV-Vis absorbance, IR, MS etc.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the award, applicants need to take part in a PhD degree at the university. After being enrolled, candidates should send pre-applications by to any one of the below email addresses before completing an institutional application.
- Prof Peter R. Schreiner ([email protected])
- A/Prof Koushik Venkatesan ([email protected])
- Prof Alison Rodger ([email protected]).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must upload a CV, Transcript of MSc/BSc studies in English, Motivation Letter, contact details of two referees.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should be highly motivated, have a good command of English (oral and written), and be rigorous and eager to learn. Applicants are recommended to provide results of the IELTS, TOEFL and/or GRE tests, or another measure (s) of English proficiency.
Benefits: Funding for the programme will cover tuition fees and an annual stipend. You will spend 18 months at each institution and will receive a dual PhD at the end of the three-year programme.