Intending to support the education of outstanding students, the University of Birmingham is announcing U21’s Graduate Collaborative Research Awards for the session 2020/21. The grants are awarded to candidates from at least three U21 members in at least two countries.
The funding program aims to develop lasting professional relationships between researchers and research teams within the U21 network.
The Universitas 21 is a network of research-intensive universities committed to promoting the value of internationalisation and multinational collaboration. It empowers its members to share excellence, collaborate across borders, and nurture global knowledge exchange.
Why study at the Universitas 21? U21 brings leading global universities together to develop the student experience, researcher engagement, and educational innovation. It facilitates the delivery of programs, activities, and initiatives that cannot be delivered through a single university or bi-lateral agreements.
Application Deadline: August 7, 2020
- University or Organization: Universitas 21
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: US$30,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in UK
- Eligible Countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, China, India, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands, UK, and the USA.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral research program in any discipline.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Doctoral candidates from at least three U21 members, in at least two countries (normally from different global regions).
- Each project must result in publicly available outputs. These may take the form of peer-reviewed publications, exhibitions, patents, products, performances, etc. It is expected that all projects will include a training component.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, candidates must complete and submit the scholarship application form. All applications should be forwarded to Dr. Connie Wan, Researcher Engagement Manager via connie.wan-at-universitas21.com by the deadline.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: Students will be selected on the basis of academic merit.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
The total allocated budget for the awards is US $ 30,000 for doctoral students who wish to implement international research collaborations.