The University of British Columbia is offering Future Forests Fellowships for both domestic and international students. Fellowships are awarded to pursue full-time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry for the course beginning in September 2018.
The UBC Faculty of Forestry’s Future Forests Fellowship aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies.
Great chance to get an education from the University of British Columbia in Canada.
User Review( votes)
The University of British Columbia is a global center for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. UBC Forestry is turning out a new generation of foresters.
Why at the University of British Columbia? The University strives to be a world leader in sustainability and sustainable development, aiming to meet the needs of the growing student and faculty population while preserving the environment.
University or Organization: University of British Columbia
Course Level: Ph.D. program
Award: $70,000 CAD
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards:
Nationality: Both domestic and international students
The program can be taken in Canada
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full-time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September 2018 (a completed application to the Forestry Ph.D. program September 2018 intake is part of the documentation required for applying to the Future Forests Fellowship).
- Fellowships are awarded in one of the following areas: Forest Products Biotechnology – Bioenergy – Forest Genomics – Climate Change – Urban Forestry – Forest Management – Conservation – Forested Landscapes – Salmon Ecology – Forest Health – Forests and Indigenous Peoples – Forests and Human Health.
- Both domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: A completed Ph.D., MSc or MASc application file includes the following items. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their online application and all supporting documents (including official language test scores if applicable) are received by the deadline.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to provide Secure the interest of a prospective supervisor, Complete the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies online application package, Scanned copies of official transcripts, three (3) References, English Language Proficiency, Letter of Intent, Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
- Language Requirement: The minimum TOEFL internet-based score required for a Forestry graduate program application is 100, with a minimum score in each component: Reading – 23; Writing – 24; Listening – 23; Speaking – 22. For IELTS, a minimum overall band score of 7.0 is required, with a minimum score of 6.5 in each component of the academic (NOT general) test.
Benefit: $70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research.