Get financial support to start your academic journey in the Canada. The University of British Columbia is giving an opportunity to apply for the President’s Academic Excellence Initiative PhD Award. The program is open for both domestic and international students.
The value of awards totalling $2.8 million targets to recognize the highest calibre students who are wishing to study doctoral program for the academic year 2020-2021.
Wonderful opportunity for both domestic and international students.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1908, the University of British Columbia is the oldest research university located in Canada. It offers a range of study areas through its many undergraduate and graduate degree level programs for the students.
Why at the University of British Columbia? The university support international students through a variety of in-program and awards. It provides an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
- University or Organization: University of British Columbia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $2.8 million
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree program in all subjects offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- New and continuing PhD students except those who have their tuition paid by an external sponsor.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , all new candidates must take admission in the Doctoral degree program at the University of British Columbia. After being registered, candidates will be automatically considered for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a CV, academic certificates and transcripts with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates must check the entry requirement of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
The University of British Columbia will offer award for both domestic and international students to study PhD degree program. Award values per student will be approximately:
- $375 per year for domestic students being assessed continuing tuition fees (year 4 and later)
- $825 per year for domestic students being assessed full tuition fees (years 1-3)
- $900 per year for international students.