The Graduate School of the University of British Columbia is offering the Public Scholars Award for doctoral students who are interested in explicitly linking their doctoral work to an arena of public benefit.
This opportunity is reserved for both the Canadian and international students to study the doctoral degree coursework for the session 2020/21.
Nice offer to international students.
User Review( vote)
As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia is a global center for teaching, learning, and research. It is ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world and recently recognized as North America’s most international university.
Why at the University of British Columbia? UBC provides a platform for a doctoral student who demonstrates financial need to complete their studies. It gives candidates high quality, research-driven education that transforms them into responsible, educated, employable and entrepreneurial citizens.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2020
- University: University of British Columbia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Up to $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to Canadian & International students
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed no more than 48 months of doctoral study as of 31 August 2020
- Applicants must be registered in a UBC doctoral program as of 1 September 2020
- Applicants in their 6th year (48 to 60 months of doctoral study) will be accepted only in the most exceptional circumstances
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being a part of this program, claimants are prerequisite to be enrolled in the doctoral degree coursework at the nominating Canadian university. After taking confirmation, seekers can apply for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: Upload the completed application form and your Canadian Common CV
- Admission Requirements: Claimants are required to hold their bachelor and master’s degree certificates with good academic grades.
- Language Requirement: Seekers must have to meet the English language requirements for enrolling at the university.
Benefits: The studentship will be awarded worth up to $10,000 twice, for a total of $20,000 per student during the doctoral study.