UC Berkeley Amgen Scholars is offering the national program to increase research opportunities for undergraduates. This program provides research experience to outstanding science undergraduates and increases participants’ competitiveness as candidates for admission to prestigious graduate and professional institutions.
The Amgen Scholars Program is a national program to increase research opportunities for students committed to pursuing careers in the sciences.
User Review( votes)
Applicants from diverse populations and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2019
- Course Level: award is awarded to pursue undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The Amgen Scholars Program is a national program to increase research opportunities for students committed to pursue careers in the sciences.
- Award: Scholars Program provides: Research with world-renowned faculty
- Research with world-renowned faculty
- Participate in hands-on research in a UCB faculty member’s lab
- Receive $5,000 stipend (including meal allowance).
- Obtain transferable college course credit
- Live in provided apartment housing
- Paid round-trip travel cost
- Variety of social activities
- Access to UC Berkeley campus facilities
- Participate in the National Amgen Scholars Program Symposium at UCLA in July (all expenses paid)
- Attend Networking events with faculty, administrators, and graduate students
- GRE Prep Course
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: US applicants
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: US applicants are eligible to apply for this program. Applicants from diverse populations and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this application
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (international students are ineligible except for Japan program)
- Undergraduate students enrolled in four-year colleges and universities in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Territories
- Sophomores who have completed 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college, juniors, and non-graduating seniors who are returning in the fall to continue their undergraduate studies (Freshmen and students enrolled in community colleges are ineligible to apply)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Interested in research and the pursuit of a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D.
- Prior research experience preferred
- Previous Amgen Scholars are ineligible to apply.
How to Apply: Applicants have to submit a Statement of Purpose (included in the online application)
- Submit a Statement of Purpose (included in the online application)
- Submit requests for two letters of recommendation (name and email address of letter writer required)
- Upload college transcript(s) via the Online Application. (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Supporting documents are due by February 1st
- Review program FAQs