UC Berkeley Amgen Scholars is offering the national program for US students across the US. Applicants from diverse populations and backgrounds are encouraged to apply
This program provides outstanding science undergraduates with research experience and increases participants’ competitiveness as candidates for admission to prestigious graduate and professional institutions.
Helpful option to receive financial help for the undergraduate study in the US.
User Review( votes)
The Amgen Scholars Program is a national program to increase research opportunities for students committed to pursuing careers in the sciences.
- Application Deadline: February 3, 2020
- Course Level: Scholarship is awarded to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The Amgen Scholars Program is a national program to increase research opportunities for students committed to pursuing careers in the sciences.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: US applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: US applicants are eligible to apply for this program.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Undergraduate students enrolled in four-year colleges and universities in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Territories
- Sophomores who have completed 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college, juniors, and non-graduating seniors who are returning in the fall to continue their undergraduate studies
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Interested in research and the pursuit of a PhD or M.D./Ph.D.
- Prior research experience preferred
- How to Apply:
- Submit an Online Application
- Submit a Statement of Purpose (included in the online application)
- Submit requests for two letters of recommendation (name and email address of letter writer required)
- Upload a college transcript(s) via the Online Application. (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Supporting documents
- Research with world-renowned faculty
- Participate in hands-on research in a UCB faculty member’s lab
- Receive $4,200 stipend plus meals
- Obtain transferable college course credit
- Live in provided housing
- Paid round-trip travel cost
- Variety of social activities
- Access to UC Berkeley campus facilities
- Participate in the National Amgen Scholars Program Symposium at UCLA
- Attend Networking events with faculty, administrators, and graduate students
- GRE Prep Course