Applicants are inviting to apply for Mathematics and Statistics High Achievers Awards funded by the University of Canterbury in New Zealand. The grant is open to domestic and international students.
The purpose of the award is to assist talented students who are entering their first year of a BSc or BA degree program for the academic year 2020-2021.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1873, the University of Canterbury is the second oldest university in New Zealand. It was the first in New Zealand to have been granted five stars by QS Stars. It has a dedicated support system to help you find your way and make the most of uni life.
Why at the University of Canterbury? At this university, candidates can get an excellent educational foundation that you will be able to turn into an amazing career. It gives the opportunity to build skills in research, analysis, writing, and presentation.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Canterbury
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $2,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 5
- Nationality: Domestic & International Students
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded to students who are entering their first year of a BSc or BA degree program and majoring in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or Financial Engineering.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed, or be completing, a university entrance qualification and have studied at secondary level in New Zealand in the year of application (or, in the case of a gap year, in the year immediately prior). International students who meet these requirements are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must intend to enrol full-time in a program for a BSc or BA degree at the University with:
- Major in Mathematics and enrolment in MATH 103; or
- Major in Statistics and enrolment in STAT 101; or
- Major in Data Science and enrolment in MATH 102, MATH 120, and STAT 101; or
- Major in Financial Engineering and enrolment in MATH 103 and STAT 101.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, candidates first must have to enrol full-time in a program for a BSc or BA degree at the University. After being registered, candidates will have to submit the online application to be considered for this education award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit original citizenship documents and academic transcripts or mark sheets with their applications.
- Admission Requirements: In order to take admission at Leeds, candidates will have to fulfil the entry requirements for their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: Students from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements when they come to study at the University of Canterbury.
Five opportunities are available of $2,000 for high-achieving students who want to pursue BSc or BA degree program at Canterbury University.