The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is calling applications from international students to apply for its doctoral programs.
UCAS is a higher education institution established with the approval of the Ministry of Education, focusing on graduate education. The predecessor of UCAS was the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences (GSCAS), which was founded in 1978 as the first graduate school in China by approval of the State Council. UCAS graduated the first doctoral student in science, first doctoral student in engineering, first female doctoral student and first student with double doctoral degrees in China.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: Program for 2018 fall semester: December 1, 2017–May 31, 2018. For those who apply to UCAS for scholarship, please submit the above admission application documents along with application form before March 31st, 2018, the application deadline.
- Program for 2019 spring semester: September 1, 2018–November 30, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Award: The UCAS funding for International Students offers a full funding for international students to pursue doctoral degrees at UCAS. It provides tuition fee waiver, health insurance, living allowance and on-campus accommodation.
- Nationality: International (Non-Chinese) students
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- The award can be taken in China
Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply for this application programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to apply for this application you must meet the following requirements:
- Non-Chinese citizens;
- Being healthy and willing to abide by Chinese laws and decrees;
- Holding a Master’s degree or its equivalent;
- English proficiency is required.
English Language Requirements: In order to be eligible English proficiency is required.
How to Apply: Applications shall be submitted via the Online Application System for International Students of UCAS which would be officially launched on Dec. 15, 2017. Please prepare and upload the following materials to the system. Make sure the electronic version of supporting documentation is in the right format as requested by the online application system.
- Your regular passport which has at least 2 years validity (only pages showing personal and validity details are needed);
- Your recent full-face bust photo with 2-inch;
- Complete CV with a brief introduction to research experience;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
- Original copies of both Masters and Bachelor degree certificates you held (applicants having just completed or about to complete their Master’s degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date);
- Original copies of Master’s and Bachelor degree’s transcripts;
- Detailed research proposal;
- Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers;
- Two reference letters (not the host supervisor) familiar with you and your work (signed, dated and on official headed paper with contact phone number and email address)
- Certificate of financial support (or complete the program application procedure to UCAS)
For those who
a. have already got financial support, please attach the certificate of financial support;
b. are applying to study by self-support, please attach the affidavit of support from guarantors and a bank statement;
c. are applying for program(s) to UCAS, please complete the application procedure(s).
- Bank Receipt of application processing fee