Applicants are invited to apply for the UCI Adult Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program at the Uganda Cancer Institute. The call is open to train the next generation of cancer researchers.
This a collaborative program between UCI, Makerere College of Health Sciences (MakCHS), Mulago National Referral Hospital (MNRH), Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre (FHCRC) and University of Washington, Seattle-USA.
Great opportunity for candidates
User Review( votes)
Uganda Cancer Institute is a cancer treatment, research, and teaching center. It maintains an inpatient facility with a capacity of 80 beds and attends to an average of about 200 patients daily. It is a public medical care facility in partnership with the Ministry Of Health.
Why should apply to this program? This is a great opportunity for graduates to undertake fundamental research of the highest quality and impact. It enhances opportunities to conduct research and build capacity.
Application Deadline: At the end of May
- Eligible Countries: East Africa and Africa
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research training in adult hematology/oncology
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must have an interest in research training in adult hematology/oncology under the supervision of eminent specialists from our collaborating institutions to qualified health professionals in East Africa and Africa at large.
How to Apply
- How to apply: For grasping this wonderful opportunity, aspirants need to submit the applications and supporting documents online through the UCI Website –AHO Fellowship portal. Selected candidates will be contacted via email.
- Supporting Documents: claimants will be asked to provide the certified primary medical qualification certificate/transcript, certified certificate of completion of masters in internal medicine training, Uganda dental & medical practitioner’s council license or equivalent from other country, a minimum of 3 professional references with supporting reference letters, personal statement including past experiences, career goals, and motivation to specialize in adult hematology & medical oncology. a curriculum vitae, proof of identity e.g. passport copy, national identification card and electronic professional portrait.
- Language Requirement: Seekers must have to meet the English language requirements.
The fellowship provides aspirants 18 months of clinical in-patient and out-patient practice / didactic education and 6 months of scholarship/research training.