The School of Engineering through the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is inviting students to apply for a PhD graduate position in Water Sciences at the University of the Americas Puebla.
This programme aims to form trained experts in water sciences with high capacities to analyse and solve, water quality, hydrological and climate risk problems in association with water resources.
The University of the Americas Puebla is a Mexican private university established in 1940 and located in San Andrés Cholula, near Puebla City. UDLAP is one of the few private universities in Mexico that invests in research. Approximately 25 per cent of the professors are members of the National System of Researchers.
Why study at the University of the Americas Puebla? UDLAP allows students to transform their theoretical knowledge into practice, thus strengthening their abilities and competencies. It provides students with a rich framework for free-thinking by which they can successfully develop their professional aptitudes in their area of interest.
Application Deadline: May 13, 2020
- University: University of the Americas Puebla (UDLAP)
- Department: Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School: Engineering
- Program Level: PhD
- Awards: Full-tuition waiver and a monthly stipend
- Contact: Dr José Luis Sánchez-Salas[email protected]
- Number of awards: Five scholarships
- Interview with PhD program Coordinator and with Academic faculty (on-line)
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctorate degree program in Water Science
- Admissible criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, chemical engineering, nanotechnology and molecular engineering, or relevant degree in pure or applied sciences.
- Admitted applicants may focus their research on (a) hydrological modelling and hydrological processes, or (b) water quality and treatment.
How to Apply
- Application procedure: If you are interested to apply for this opportunity please see full details by click on this given link at https://www.udlap.mx/ofertaacademica/files/convocatoriaDoctorados.pdf
- Supporting Documents: bachelor’s degree transcript, bachelor’s degree diploma, cedulaprofesional for studies conducted in Mexico, curriculum vitae with photo, letter of intention, 3 recommendation letters EXADEP test (score: 570 points) or GRE (score: 150 points for verbal reasoning, 130 points for quantitative reasoning, and 3.5 points for analytical writing), Institutional TOEFL (550 points), IELTS (6 points) or CAE not older than 2 years.
- Language Requirements: Fluent Spanish and fluent English is necessary.
- For inquiries on the programme, please contact Dr Jose Luis Sanchez Salas at sanchez-at-udlap.mx
All admitted candidates will be awarded a UDLAP fellowship which includes a full-tuition waiver and a monthly stipend from Mexico’s National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT).