Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at the Free State Centre for Human Rights, University of the Free State, South Africa commencing from February 1, 2019. This fellowship is open to all South African and foreign nationals.
Its key objectives are to: Develop human rights cultures institutionally and engage communities on the promotion and protection of human rights, locally and elsewhere; generate comparative and international research initiatives on the program of human rights within various socio-political contexts; develop novel methodologies in which traditional human rights issues can be complemented by inter-disciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches, and pursue scholarship and interventions on human rights issues (broadly) in university contexts and widely within associated communities.
User Review( votes)
The UFS is a research-led, student-centred and regionally-engaged university that contributes to development and social justice through the production of globally competitive graduates and knowledge. UFS vision, mission, and values help us to ‘keep our eye on the ball’. This is where we start when we make decisions, plan our future, and evaluate what we have done.
- Applications Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Candidates interested in pursuing an academic or professional career oriented to human rights in the fields of law, humanities, social or political sciences are encouraged to apply
- Scholarship Award: Value of fellowship:
- R220 000 annual fellowship
- R30 000 additional research expenses fund
- Nationality: This fellowship is open to all South African and foreign nationals.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is open to all South African and foreign nationals.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Open to all South African and foreign nationals for full-time research at the University of the Free State
- Graduated with a PhD degree in a relevant discipline within the last 5 years
- Successful applicants may not hold full-time salaried employment during the fellowship
- Successful applicants must be able to relocate to the UFS for the duration of the fellowship. This is a residential fellowship: The successful applicant is required to spend 80% of her/his postdoctoral period at the UFS.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply, please e-mail the following documentation by 1 October 2018 to Prof JL Pretorius: pretorjl-at-ufs.ac.za:
- Motivation letter, including a 1- to 2-page outline of relevant expertise and experience
- Full CV including a list of research publications, conference papers and other scholarly output
- Full transcripts of academic record and copy of doctoral degree certificate
- Copy of ID document (or copy of passport in the case of foreign applicants)
- Contact details of two academic referees who have taught/supervised the candidate.