The National Center for Institutional Diversity is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship to study in the USA. US applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship is a one-year (12 month) fellowship that is aimed at promoting and supporting the work of outstanding early career diversity scholars.
User Review( votes)
National Center for Institutional Diversity vision is to empower people and institutions to leverage knowledge and skills around the benefits, challenges, and opportunities of diversity in order to create a truly equitable and inclusive society.
- Applications Deadline: December 3, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The salary for the postdoctoral fellows is $55,000 per year plus benefits. Fellows will receive additional support for conference travel and other research-related expenses.
There is the potential to renew the fellowship for a second year, dependent on the development of potential collaborative projects with NCID.
Note that this fellowship could be combined with other fellowships to extend the length of the postdoctoral period at the University of Michigan.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for students from USA.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for students from USA.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applications are welcome from scholars engaging in diversity scholarship, in any field or department represented in the University of Michigan’s schools and colleges. Applicants’ doctoral degrees should be completed between January 1, 2016 and July 1, 2019.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The application for the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship will require the submission of:
- Statement of proposed scholarship and writing to be conducted during the fellowship year (2-3 pages in pdf format; references, citations, formulas, and graphics do not count toward the page limit);
- Statement of contribution explaining how the applicant’s scholarship and demonstrated diversity commitments will contribute to both NCID and a related U-M academic or research unit (1-3 pages in pdf format);
- Dissertation abstract;
- Writing sample (should be no more than 35 pages in pdf format e.g., sample publication or research paper in progress, journal article, dissertation chapter; references, citations, formulas, and graphics do not count toward the page limit); and
- At least two letters of recommendation (maximum of three).